House › Cyberwarfare
Adobe Patch Tuesday: Crucial Flaws in Acrobat, Reader, Photoshop
By Ryan Naraine on July 12, 2022
Software program maker Adobe has rolled out a significant safety replace for its flagship Acrobat and Reader merchandise to repair no less than 22 documented vulnerabilities, some severe sufficient to trigger arbitrary code execution assaults.
The patches, out there for Adobe Acrobat and Reader for Home windows and macOS, headline a busy Patch Tuesday rollout that additionally consists of fixes for severe flaws in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe RoboHelp and Adobe Character Animator.
Based on an advisory from Adobe, the Acrobat/Reader replace handle a number of important vulnerabilities that might expose pc customers to arbitrary code execution and reminiscence leak assaults.
[ READ: Microsoft Dismisses False Reports About End of Patch Tuesday ]
The vulnerabilities are being documented as ‘use-after-free’ and ‘out-of-bounds learn’ reminiscence issues of safety. Nearly all of the bugs had been reported to Adobe through bug bounty applications.
Affected product variations embody Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC, Acrobat 2020, Acrobat 2017 and Acrobat Reader 2017.
The Adobe Patch Tuesday output additionally included fixes for a code execution flaw in RoboHelp (rated essential), a pair of code execution and reminiscence leak points in Photoshop (Home windows and macOS), and two important bugs in Adobe Character Animator for Home windows and macOS.
Adobe stated it was not conscious of in-the-wild exploits previous to the provision of patches.
Associated: ICS Patch Tuesday: Siemens, Schneider Electrical Deal with 59 Vulnerabilities
Associated: Patch Tuesday: Microsoft Calls Consideration to ‘Wormable’ Home windows
Associated: Adobe Joins Safety Patch Tuesday Frenzy
Get the Day by day Briefing
- Most Current
- Most Learn
- Microsoft Patch Tuesday: 84 Home windows Vulns, Together with Already-Exploited Zero-Day
- European Central Financial institution Head Focused in Hacking Try
- Adobe Patch Tuesday: Crucial Flaws in Acrobat, Reader, Photoshop
- ICS Patch Tuesday: Siemens, Schneider Electrical Deal with 59 Vulnerabilities
- Can ‘Lockdown Mode’ Clear up Apple’s Mercenary Spyware and adware Downside?
- ALPHV Ransomware Gang Creates Searchable Database With Sufferer Information
- Final Name: CFP for ICS Cybersecurity Convention Closes July 15th
- Aerojet Rocketdyne to Pay $9M Over Allegations of Cybersecurity Violations
- How a VC Chooses Which Cybersecurity Startups to Fund in Difficult Occasions
- Microsoft Makes Home windows Autopatch Usually Accessible
On the lookout for Malware in All of the Flawed Locations?
First Step For The Web’s subsequent 25 years: Including Safety to the DNS
Tattle Story: What Your Laptop Says About You
Be in a Place to Act By Cyber Situational Consciousness
Report Exhibits Closely Regulated Industries Letting Social Networking Apps Run Rampant
2010, A Nice 12 months To Be a Scammer.
Do not Let DNS be Your Single Level of Failure
Find out how to Determine Malware in a Blink
Defining and Debating Cyber Warfare
The 5 A’s that Make Cybercrime so Enticing
Find out how to Defend In opposition to DDoS Assaults
Safety Budgets Not in Line with Threats
Anycast – Three Causes Why Your DNS Community Ought to Use It
The Evolution of the Prolonged Enterprise: Safety Methods for Ahead Pondering Organizations
Utilizing DNS Throughout the Prolonged Enterprise: It’s Dangerous Enterprise